The Tampa Bay Times internship program is a terrific chance for enthusiastic and driven individuals to obtain real-world experience in journalism and build valuable contacts in the business. Students will have the opportunity to work on several duties and assignments throughout their internship, such as researching and writing articles, conducting interviews, attending press conferences and events, and working on multimedia projects.
To be eligible for our internship program, you must be a current college or university student with at least two years of schooling in reporting or another comparable field. The internship program is full-time and runs for 10 weeks over the summer. Interns will be compensated fairly for their efforts.
Likewise, Read: Patagonia Internship
Regarding Tampa Bay Times
The Tampa Bay Times is a significant newspaper servicing the Tampa Bay area that is situated in St. Petersburg, Florida. It is Florida’s largest newspaper and one of the largest within the southeastern United States. This Tampa Bay Times has a rich history that began in 1884 as the West Hillsborough Times. The newspaper went through many name changes and mergers before settling on its present identity in 2012.
This newspaper has received several accolades for its journalism, including 13 Pulitzer Prizes as of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021. The Tampa Bay Times is well-known for its investigative reporting and in-depth coverage of Tampa Bay-area topics.
- Organization Name: Tampa Bay Times
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida, United States
- Education: Minimum Inter
- Industry: Journalism
- The internship gives essential on-the-job training in a prestigious journalism organization. Interns can collaborate directly with seasoned journalists and editors on real-world projects and publications.
- Students are guided and mentored by experienced industry experts. Mentors give crucial criticism of interns’ work, career guidance, and assistance in developing their journalistic skills.
- This Tampa Bay Times Internship introduces interns to a network of journalistic professionals. Interns can make valuable connections with editors, reporters, and other staff members by interacting with them.
- Apprentices get the opportunity to work on a variety of beats and areas of reporting, such as local news, politics, sports, entertainment, business, and more.
You can apply online on the official website.
The Tampa Bay Times has an excellent internship program for young journalists. With a focus on hands-on experience and professional growth, this internship offers an important opportunity to work with a Pulitzer Prize-winning newspaper. Interns learn the skills and information required for a successful career in journalism, from covering breaking news to performing investigative reporting. Kindly go to their website for additional information on how to apply and the details of the internship.