The Shedd Aquarium internship program is meant to give students and recent graduates the chance to work with experienced employees, engage in significant initiatives, and contribute to their purpose of connecting people to the living world. This Shedd Aquarium offers internship opportunities in a number of divisions, including animal care, animal training, conservation and research, education and programs, and guest services.
These internships are very competitive, and applicants are chosen based on their qualifications, experience, and love for marine life and conservation. The length of the internships varies based on the department and the unique internship opportunity. Interns are expected to work a minimum of 15-20 hours per week, however, this may vary based on the department and the individual project or assignment.
Likewise, Read: Sparks Foundation Internship Program
Regarding Shedd Aquarium
The Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, Illinois, is one of the world’s largest and oldest indoor aquariums. It first opened its doors in 1930 and has since grown to become a famous tourist destination as well as an important center for marine life education, conservation, and research.
This Shedd Aquarium has a number of displays that illustrate aquatic life from throughout the world. The Amazon Rising, Caribbean Reef, Wild Reef, and Polar Play Zone displays are among the most noteworthy, each exhibiting a different aquatic habitat and its inhabitants. A wide variety of aquatic species, including fish, marine mammals, reptiles, amphibians, and birds, are kept in the aquarium. Visitors may see dolphins, penguins, sharks, turtles, and seahorses, among other things.
- Organization Name: Shedd Aquarium
- Location: Illinois, Chicago, United States
- Education: Minimum Inter
- Industry: Public Sector
- Interning at the Shedd Aquarium may provide you with excellent hands-on experience working with marine species as well as about their care, feeding, and habitat management.
- As an intern, you’ll have the opportunity to contact these people, which might lead to useful connections and networking possibilities in your future career.
- As an apprentice, you’ll get access to behind-the-scenes encounters, seminars, and educational sessions that will help you learn more about marine biology and conservation activities.
- If you’re thinking about a career in marine biology, animal care, teaching, or conservation, an internship at the Shedd Aquarium might give you a deeper knowledge of these subjects and help you decide if they’re a good fit for you.
You can apply online on the official website.
The Shedd Aquarium Internship provides a unique and intensive experience for anyone who is considering pursuing a career in marine research or animal care. With a range of options available in research, teaching, and animal health, this internship gives significant hands-on training and supervision from professionals in the industry. Check out their website to learn more about the specific requirements and application procedure for the Shedd Aquarium Internship.