The Point72 Internship program provides a unique chance for ambitious professionals to obtain hands-on experience in the world of investment and hedge funds. The program is meant to expose interns to a diverse variety of duties and projects, allowing them to get a thorough grasp of the financial sector and its numerous components.
This Point72 internship is extremely competitive, with a rigorous selection process that considers academic achievement, relevant courses, prior internships or professional experience, and a love for finance and investment. Interns often work full-time at the firm’s headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut, for 10-12 weeks throughout the summer. Outstanding interns may also be considered for full-time employment with Point72 after graduation.
Likewise, Read: NFL Internship
Point72 Asset Management, L.P., or Point72, is a well-known hedge fund formed by billionaire investor Steven A. Cohen. The business was founded in 2014, replacing Cohen’s previous hedge fund, SAC Capital Advisors, which ran into legal and regulatory troubles. Point72 is based in Stamford, Connecticut, and manages significant assets for its customers, who include institutions, affluent people, and other investors.
Long/short equities, macro, quantitative, and systematic trading are among the investing methods used by the business. By combining fundamental research, quantitative modeling, and cutting-edge technology, Point72’s investing strategy helps investors make informed choices. It’s important to note that the information supplied is based on my understanding as of September 2021, and there may have been developments or changes in the firm after then.
- Organization Name: Point72
- Location: Stamford, Connecticut, United States
- Education: Minimum Inter
- Industry: Private
- Interning at Point72 might give you great insight into the worlds of hedge funds, asset management, and financial markets.
- Being an intern there might broaden your industry expertise and provide you with a unique insight into how a successful hedge fund operates.
- Building a network of financial sector experts may be facilitated with an internship at Point72. People you encounter during your internship, such as fellow interns, mentors, and full-time workers, may become significant contacts for your future career.
- Apprentices may be able to comprehend and contribute to these tactics, increasing their understanding of the financial sector.
- Students might learn about decision-making processes, market trends, and investment methods employed in the business.
You can apply online on the official website.
The Point72 Internship is a one-of-a-kind chance for aspiring finance professionals to obtain significant experience and skills. This internship program exposes trainees to a variety of financial and investing techniques, as well as coaching from top industry professionals. Additionally, interns get the opportunity to work on real investment projects and contribute to the firm’s success. Check out their website to learn more about the Point72 Internship and its features.