It was founded in 1991, after the fall of the Soviet Union, by Hungarian-born American financier and philanthropist George Soros. The Central European University (CEU) is a graduate-level institution located in Budapest, Hungary. The CEU offers degrees in the humanities, business, law, public policy, science, and social sciences. The university has been at the forefront of defending academic freedom and open society values in Central and Eastern Europe since 1991.
Applicants must demonstrate excellence in both academics and civic engagement. The scholarships are open to new students from any country who wish to study at CEU in Budapest, Hungary. The scholarships cover full tuition and provide a monthly stipend for room and board.
Central European University (CEU) is pleased to announce the continuation of its Scholarship Programme for the upcoming academic year 2023-2024. CEU is committed to providing access to high-quality education for students from around the world and awards a limited number of scholarships each year. The scholarships are merit-based and cover tuition and partial living expenses.
The CEU is an English-language university in Budapest, Hungary. It was founded in 1991 by the Hungarian-born American businessman George Soros and has since grown to become one of the most prestigious universities in Central and Eastern Europe. The Central European University (CEU) is a graduate-level, private university accredited in the United States and Hungary. The CEU offers Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degrees in the social sciences and humanities, business and public policy, and law. Applicants must demonstrate excellence in both academics and civic engagement.
The Central European University has announced that it will be awarding scholarships for the academic year 2023. The CEU is committed to making its programs accessible to talented students from around the world. To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants must have an excellent academic record and meet the English language.
- University: Central European University
- Country: Hungary
- Application Procedure: Online
- Course Level: BS, MS & Ph.D. degrees
- Last Date To Apply: 30 August 2023
- Department of History
- Department of International Relations
- Department of Legal Studies
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Network and Data Science
- Department of Medieval Studies
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Sociology and Social Anthropology
- Nationalism Studies Program
- School of Public Policy
- Center for Eastern Mediterranean Studies
- Department of Cognitive Science
- Department of Economics and Business
- Department of Environmental Sciences and Policy
- Department of Gender Studies
The Benefits Of Getting This Scholarship:
- CEU Master’s Excellence Scholarship – 1,000 EUR/month
- CEU Master’s Distinction Scholarship – 750 EUR/month
- CEU Doctoral Scholarships: 1,350 EUR/Month
- Up to 100 percent of the Tuition Fee
- Health care coverage
- Month to month Stipend to help with lodging and living expenses
- Candidates from all identities can apply.
- Understudies should hold something like 12-year training for confirmation as students.
- For Master’s certification applications candidates should have an undergrad/four-year college education.
- Candidates should hold expert and four-year certifications/records for the Ph.D. confirmation prerequisites
- Understudies should have great scholastic execution
- Language Requirement: If you have a past degree in the English language then you can be excluded and your English capability letter will be satisfactory.
How To Apply?
- The application process is online.
- To apply, please visit the University Website.