Bilkent University is a Turkish public research university located in Ankara, Turkey. Bilkent’s research and education programs, most notably in the sciences, technology, and social sciences, are consistently ranked among the best in Turkey and also internationally. Its main campus is located on the outskirts of Ankara (the capital city), while there are smaller satellite campuses in the surrounding cities of Çukurova and Çankaya.
It is the only Turkish university that’s listed among the world’s top 400 universities on a regular basis. According to the 2016 Center for World University Rankings (CWUR), Bilkent University has climbed 4 spots to rank among the top 400 universities worldwide. International rankings have also placed Bilkent as one of the top 50 universities in Europe.
Bilkent University is Ankara’s largest private university, with over 18,000 students and 1,400 faculty and staff. A great focus of its educational activities is on the sciences and engineering. Bilkent University is a member of the IDEA League, the European University Association, University Mobility in Europe and the Caucasus (UMEC), and the European Universities Association (EUA)
Bilkent University is one of the most important centers of higher education and research in Turkey. It was founded by Atatürk on October 4, 1925, as a college in Ankara. Bilkent has been offering undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate programs in various fields such as engineering, architecture, health sciences, humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, and education.
It was established in the year of 1989 as a result of an initiative by the founder of TÜBİTAK, Prof. Dr. Ahmet Arif, who wanted to create an institution of international standards. The inception of Bilkent University with its high standards in scientific research has had a great impact on science and education in Turkey. Bilkent University has been accredited by the prestigious National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and is a member of the American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education (AACTE).
Also Read: Skoltech University Russia Latest Scholarships 2022
Summary Of The Scholarship:
University: Bilkent University
Application Procedure: Online
Course Level: Bachelor, Masters, Ph.D.
Last Date To Apply: 30 August 2023
- Archaeology (MA)
- Business Administration (MBA, Executive MBA, MS, Ph.D.)
- Conference Interpreting (MA)
- Economics (MA, Ph.D.)
- Energy Economics, Policy and Security Program (EEPS) (MA)
- History (MA, Ph.D.)
- Interior Architecture and Environmental Design (MFA, Ph.D.)
- International Affairs and Public Policy (MIAPP)
- International Relations (MA, Ph.D.)
- Media and Design (MFA)
- Media and Visual Studies (MA)
- Music (MA, Ph.D.)
- Philosophy (MA, Ph.D.)
- Political Science (MA, Ph.D.)
- Psychology (MA, Ph.D.)
- Turkish Literature (MA, Ph.D.)
Graduate School of Education
- Curriculum and Instruction (MA, Ph.D.)
- Curriculum and Instruction with Teaching Certificate (MA)
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language (MA)
Graduate School of Engineering and Science
- Architecture (MS)
- Chemistry (MS, Ph.D.)
- Computer Engineering (MS, Ph.D.)
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering (MS, Ph.D.)
- Industrial Engineering (MS, Ph.D.)
- Materials Science and Nanotechnology (MS, Ph.D.)
- Mathematics (MS, Ph.D.)
- Mechanical Engineering (MS, Ph.D.)
- Molecular Biology and Genetics (MS, Ph.D.)
- Neuroscience (MS, Ph.D.)
- Physics (MS, Ph.D.)
The Benefits Of Getting This Scholarship:
- Educational cost Waiver
- Month to month Stipend and Housing support ( all out of 4.500 TL/month)
- Private Health Insurance
- A Laptop Computer
- Feast Card
- Travel Support (one time per year, at a yearly resolved fixed sum) to go to logical occasions.
- Citizens of all countries including Turkish Citizens.
- BSc graduates or MSC students need at least a 2.80/4.00 CGPA at the time of application.
- If you are a Turkish citizen resident in Turkey: an ALES score is required, <55 (quantitative)
- Otherwise; GRE General Test score is required: 153 (quantitative). However, if you are off by a small margin and you have a strong background, we encourage you to apply.
- TOEFL IBT(at least 87), IELTS (at least 6.5 average and 5.5 from each section), or Bilkent COPE (at least C).
- Proof of Degree (if already obtained)
- Official Transcripts (most recent)
- Statement of Purpose
- Two Letters of Recommendation.
- If You Need to Know how to make a CV.
How To Apply:
- The application process is online.
- To apply, please visit the University Website.